Sunday, January 30, 2011

Running is My Church

Morning!

I just got back from a run and as always I feel great! tired... but pretty darn good.

I was getting tired of always running on upriver either to the foot bridge or to the dam so I decided to head towards Millwood and do either the "Airport Run" or "Boat House" run today. I made it all the to the gate where boat house starts but I was still a little sore from yesterday that I decided I'd had enough and turned around, heading back home.

I didn't realize until after I was done running, when I was walking up Lehman that I had forgotten to wear my knee sleeve. Woops! However I think that it was a good thing because I had completely forgotten about my knee. Not once did I feel have any pain in my left knee. I mean my knee was sore but I didn't have any sharp pains like I usually do on runs.

Let me also note that it is a beautiful, no, gorgeous day outside. I love the mornings the most when the sun it coming out over Arbor Crest lighting up the Valley. It was cold this morning, almost everything had frozen over night before but the warmth of the morning sun was just right. That's why I titled this post the way I did because Running for me is like going to Church on Sunday. Even though Physically running takes endurance and is hard on the body, I feel absolutely at peace. I don't have a care or stress in the world. It's just me and the road stretched out in front of me.

I've had my breakfast and now I need a shower. I have some Chemistry Homework that I've been procrastinating on that I need to do today and do some studying. Maybe I'll go chill out at Starbucks.




2 comments:

  1. i ran today

    it was too cold for barefooting and im outta shape.

    i made it 2 miles at plantes lol, i need to start doing more running everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that on your blog! nice job lol

    If you start running I will run with you because i'm tired of running by myself.

    ReplyDelete